Introducing New Martin M-Series Lighting Controller Software
Martin Professional announces the release of a new operating system for its M-Series lighting controllers, which encompass the M1, M2GO, M-PC, and Maxxyz consoles. The new software, version 2.90.400, includes over 70 new features and upgrades and can be downloaded at the URL below.
Highlights of the software upgrade include:
New operating system for Martin M1 and M2GO (Windows 7 embedded):
- Optimized for SSD drives
- New touch-friendly menu system
- Added support for Matrox dual and triple head for M1
- Supports generic Windows 7 touchscreen devices
- New ELO touchscreen driver
New "plug and play" MaxNet System:
- Zero configuration device discovery
- Network interface connection management with Auto, Static, EtherDMX shortcuts
- Show can be joined or pushed to other devices
- All playback operation is synchronized
- All cue and preset data is synchronized
- MaxNet chat window
- Network show and device info screens
- Multiple consoles can be used in parallel for show playback
A complete list of changes is included with the software download.
In other lighting controller news, the M1 lighting controller now ships with an SSD drive, as well as a new LCD screen with LED backlight at no extra cost. With the SSD drive, console speed and reaction time is greatly improved, boot-up time is reduced, and the console is more stable in high vibration environments.