Avid Showcases its Latest Innovations at InfoComm 2017
Avid, a media technology provider for the creation, distribution, and monetization of media assets for global media organizations, enterprise users, and individual creative professionals, is demonstrating innovations to its audio and video solutions powered by the MediaCentral Platform -- the industry's most open and integrated platform designed for media -- at InfoComm 2017. Innovations to Avid's comprehensive tools and workflow solutions enable media enterprises, creative professionals, educational institutions, and aspiring artists to easily create immersive mixes, access industry-standard tools for free, and create content with even more speed, efficiency, and collaboration.
"At InfoComm 2017, we're demonstrating our latest innovations to help the entire professional AV community -- from AV professionals to educators and those just starting their careers -- to create, distribute, and optimize media," said Jeff Rosica, president at Avid. "With the transformation of Avid Everywhere from vision to reality complete, we're accelerating the pace of innovation to help our distinguished customer community solve their most critical issues and bring their creative visions to life."
Innovations on display at the Avid booth include:
* Dolby Atmos mixing for Pro Tools | HD and S6 -- With deep integration of Dolby Atmos in Pro Tools | HD audio post professionals can now create massive multichannel mixes more easily in the industry's leading immersive audio format for movies, TV shows, music, and video games.
* Avid Artist | DNxIQ to accelerate workflows with 4K monitoring -- With the powerful new Artist | DNxIQ video interface's extensive format support, from SD to 4K and Universal Mastering, video professionals can quickly and easily respond to changing content demands and deliver to a wider range of channels and devices.
* Avid NEXIS enhancements for even greater speed and efficiency -- Avid NEXIS now offers greater bandwidth scalability and extended workflows with Pro Tools, empowering creative teams with even better speed, efficiency, and collaboration.
* Media Composer | First, bringing industry-standard tools to aspiring artists -- Avid Media Composer | First gives aspiring creative professionals, students, and those just starting their professional careers free access to the same creative tools used by the world's most successful filmmakers and television program creators.
* Furthering commitment to education -- The new Avid Media Campus program offers a deeper partnership with Avid, and flexible volume licensing and deployment options, to help educators better prepare the next generation of creative talents and media professionals for careers in the media and entertainment industry.