MIDAS Launches PRO1 Digital Console
MIDAS has launched the latest addition to its PRO series of digital consoles, the Midas PRO1 live audio system, at InfoComm. The Pro1 breaks new ground for Midas digital consoles in several areas. Featuring an all-new, lightweight aluminium frame, Pro1 is the first stand-alone Midas digital console, offering portability and performance in a compact digital console.
The Pro1 is easy to configure and operate, and will appeal both to engineers who are new to Midas Digital and those familiar with the platform, the company says. Compatible with the complete range of Midas Digital consoles, the Pro1 allows existing show files to be loaded and worked on straight away.
• Lightweight, all-alloy frame
• 24 mic/line inputs with Midas mic preamps
• 48 simultaneous input processing channels
• 24 analog outputs (including two stereo local monitor outputs)
• Three AES3 outputs
• Two AES3 inputs
• 27 sample-synchronous, phase-coherent mix busses
• Six multi-channel FX engines
• Up to 28 Klark Teknik DN370 31-band gaphic EQs
• Full-color 15" daylight-viewable display screen
• Eight VCA (variable control association) groups
• Six POPulation groups
• 96kHz 40-bit floating-point processing throughout
• Three AES50 ports for connection to external AES50 devices
Midas brand development manager Richard Ferriday comments: "The PRO1 opens new territory for Midas on a number of different levels. New manufacturing materials and techniques, the first stand-alone Midas digital console, with comprehensive I/O on the back, and a previously undreamt-of price point. The Pro1 will be accessible to freelance engineers, small music venues, anyone who actually cares about audio quality, reliability, and portability."