Green Hippo Launches Hippotizer + Media Server Range and Releases Hippotizer V4.3 Software
Green Hippo reveals Hippotizer + Media Server range, its new product range of Media Servers. The new line comprises the Amba +, Boreal +, Karst +, Montane +, and Taiga +. Building on already incredibly powerful and talented machines, Hippotizer + range brings many user benefits, including the below standout features:
• Performance boosts measure at up to 40%. Users can playback additional media layers, deliver more complex 3-D projects, and expect even better Notch performance.
• Larger media drives. This is great news for the storage and more accurately the increasing demands of storage, the company says. The Boreal +, Karst +, and Taiga + all enjoy up to double the space on their standard versions.
• New back-up and restore system. Time is money -- especially in the rental business -- and the new machines let users create user and password-protected rental back-up image enabling a faster turnaround between gigs.
• Same old, same old...brilliant performance. The Hippotizer + range also runs Hippotizer V4 software, ensuring interoperability between the two, and enabling new features.
Green Hippo also announces Hippotizer Version 4.3, the latest version of its award-winning software. Hippotizer V4.3 runs on both Hippotizer and Hippotizer + hardware, and brings many new features to Hippotizer and SHAPE. In addition to vigorous bug squashing, benefits of Hippotizer V4.3 include:
• NDI (video over Ethernet) send and receive
• Smart improvements to ZooKeeper include a new "tabbed selector" and drag-and-drop pin board creation and editing
• "Notes and Tags" -- tag media with key words such as "Blue" or "Strobe" and then search for it by those tags in the media select
• Enhanced UI for SHAPE, with grouping of objects, Nulls, parenting and bulk editing
• Controllers in SHAPE let users move objects in real time, in 3-D
• GPU Selection enables even better PLAY and PREP performance in SHAPE