Avid Releases VenuePack 4 - Plug-In Suite and Real Time Analyzer for Venue Digital Consoles
Avid announces VenuePack 4, a new suite of professional plug-ins and utilities that will come bundled with all Venue digital console systems, providing live sound engineers with more creative options than ever. From re-creations of popular vintage hardware to the latest studio processing effects, VenuePack 4 includes 30 powerful plug-ins from Avid and third-party partners including Flux::, Focusrite, JOEMEEK, Line 6, and others.
VenuePack 4 plug-ins run natively on all Venue systems -- no external plug-in runner or separate laptop required. They offer high-quality sound, reliable performance, exceptionally low latency, automatic delay compensation support, and can be controlled right from the console surface.
"Venue's integrated plug-in system eliminates the need for external outboard gear or plug-in runners, giving the user unprecedented creative choice," says Greg Kopchinski, Avid product manager. "VenuePack 4 provides a unified set of popular plug-ins for live sound, making it easier than ever for engineers to move between Venue consoles and use the great-sounding, low-latency effects they've come to appreciate."
In addition to the suite of plug-ins, VenuePack 4 also includes the Flux:: Pure Analyzer Essential software application, a modular RTA system that provides mix engineers with an extensive range of live audio analysis and measurement tools when installed on a Mac- or Windows-based laptop. Pure Analyzer can also utilize the Flux SampleGrabber plug-in to support direct signal acquisition across an Ethernet network from Venue system monitor and mix busses.
VenuePack 4 includes the following plug-ins and utilities:
• Classic compressors bundle -- Emulations of five coveted hardware processors (includes BF-2A, BF-3A, Purple Audio MC77, Fairchild 660, and Fairchild 670 plug-ins)
• Eleven -- Hyper-realistic emulations of the world's greatest vintage and modern guitar amps
• Flux:: Pure Analyzer Essential -- Network-driven, real-time signal analyzing software
• Focusrite d2 and d3 -- Models of the classic Focusrite red equalizer and compressor/limiter
• Impact -- Console-style mix bus compressor
• Joemeek bundle -- Classic emulations of the SC2 compressor and VC5 Meequalizer
• Line 6 echo farm -- Models of several classic echo hardware processors and pedals
• Moogerfooger bundle -- Realistic emulations of four classic audio effects and synth modules (includes 12-Stage Phaser, analog delay, lowpass filter, and ring modulator plug-ins)
• Pultec bundle -- Realistic emulations of three vintage Pultec EQs (includes EQH-2, EQP-1A, and MEQ-5 plug-ins)
• Reel tape suite -- Delivers the warmth and characteristics of analog tape and machine effects (includes reel tape saturation, reel tape delay, and reel tape flanger plug-ins)
• Reverb One -- World-class reverb processing, with complete parameter control
• ReVibe -- High-performance, highly detailed room-modeling reverb
• Slightly rude compressor -- Custom compressor that's both musical and aggressive
• Smack! -- Fool-proof compressor/limiter that provides a wide range of sonic variations and color
• TL Aggro -- High-quality emulation of a vintage analog FET compressor
• Voce bundle -- Emulations of classic vibrato and rotating speaker effects (includes Voce chorus/vibrato and Voce spin plug-ins)
Veteran sound engineer and Avid live sound market specialist, Robert Scovill, will host a free webinar on August 15 at 10am PT (1pm ET) to introduce the new VenuePack 4 plug-in bundle. Scovill will offer an overview of the included plug-ins followed by a deep dive into using Flux Pure Analyzer Essential, an exciting new addition to the pack. Registration information is available at the URL below.