Barco Brings the Power of Event Master to Smaller Events and Installations
Event Master has gained popularity for running high-quality shows and events thanks to its power, flexibility, and situational awareness. With the new EC-30, Barco brings the same combination of benefits to smaller events and presentations.
Once operators discovered the power and flexibility of Event Master controllers, according to the company, "there was no turning back. The EC-200 and EC-50 have become a most-wanted addition to every event." There are times, however, when budget and space are the deciding factors. Recently, Barco has received requests for a more compact controller for events and installations that need a small operator footprint. Aaron Raymond of Mass AV was one of these customers. "As a user of the full line of Event Master products, I truly appreciate the advanced programming tools of the EC-200 Controller," he says. "But, when we replaced our legacy single-output switchers with S3-Jr processors, I needed a controller that fit that lower price point, and allowed more flexibility in the cramped quarters of a small-show control area. I approached Barco with the idea and was happy to collaborate."
The new EC-30 delivers on that promise, offering the most crucial features for everything from a trade show booth to a large corporate event, or even a music tour. After seeing the final product, Raymond was impressed, "The EC-30 is a perfect fit for those smaller shows, with access to all the critical functions in a much smaller footprint, and it packages efficiently for transport."
What operators get with the EC-30 is a truly compact surface and simplified workflow, while still providing the trademark fingertip control. The EC-30 is an extension of the Event Master toolset, so operators can rely on the essential selections for sources, presets, user keys, layers, and destinations. As a USB peripheral added to an existing Event Master control computer, it is the most cost-effective and compact alternative to a full-sized controller.
Features for more impressive, reliable small events include:
* Fingertip control of the Event Master series switchers
* High resolution T-Bar for manual transitions
* 24 user-programmable buttons with customizable LCD displays
* Dedicated background layer button
* Eight dedicated layer selection buttons with multi-page functionality
* Dedicated layer function buttons for transitions, freeze, and FX arming
* Twelve user-definable destination buttons with multi-page functionality
* USB port for connection to host computer
* Status LEDs and color-coded LCD displays
* Auto-ranging 12v 2.08a power supply (100-250VAC)
* Two user-assignable custom function buttons
* Connectivity -- USB connection from Event Master Toolset host computer (OSX or Windows 7 and higher)
* Dimensions (HxWxD) -- 105.4mm x 465.6mm x 321mm (4.15" x 18.33" x 12.63")
* Weight -- 3.18kg (7lb)
Visit Barco at InfoComm 2017 in Orlando, Florida, June 14 - 16 or visit Barco EC-30 at http://plasa.me/04xxl for more detailed info.