Three New Technologies Create "Game Changer" Earphones with Launch of Flares Pro
British audio technology company, Flare Audio, announces the launch of "game changing" earphones Flares Pro. Using the science of how humans hear and the subsequent development of three completely new technologies, Flares addresses issues with current audio technology and make listening to music clearer and more comfortable for listener's ears. Not only do they unveil previously undetected detail in tracks, they are also uniquely and easily switchable from wired to Bluetooth.
Aimed at music lovers and professionals working in the music industry, this is Flare's second consumer earphone, the first R2 version receiving high praise across the board and thanks to significant investment, extensive R&D, and Flare's scientific breakthrough in sound re-production, the company says Flares Pro offers yet another huge step up in audio quality.
"Music is constantly evolving. For over 50 years, the way we record, store, and access music has changed, but the industry's approach to earphone and speaker technology has stagnated," explains Davies Roberts, Flare's inventor. "Current technology poses issues for hearing fatigue, as well as room for significant improvement in clarity. We took up the challenge and have found a new way of developing earphones that is focused on delivering the purest sound with the smallest of interventions. In order to move forward, we have gone back to the very beginning; to understand how sound interacts with our ears on a molecular level."
"I didn't think the sound could be improved from my first set of Flares R2 earphones but with the Flares Pro I have to assume there has been some deal with the devil, for they sound even better. Cleaner, rounder, more transparent, and the low end is more defined than before. Nothing I have used comes close," shares Fran Healy, Travis and BNQT.
"Hearing music on Flares is like being in the studio. It's a natural, big, live sound that really makes listening to music a whole new experience," shares Nick O'Malley Arctic Monkeys' Bass player.
"Flare has managed to improve the already sublime R2s with the incredible Flares Pros. Astounding, effortless clarity and superb pin-point imaging. No artificial frequency push or compression just a smooth, natural sound across the spectrum. I don't want to stop listening," notes Danton Supple, producer (Coldplay, Morrissey, Starsailor).
"These are the best earphones ever. I mix on these. The detail, clarity, and low end are 'pinch me, am I dreaming?' great,"says Tony Visconti, Grammy award-winning producer (David Bowie, T-Rex, Iggy Pop).
* Uniquely switchable from wired to Bluetooth
* Delivers superb passive noise isolation, blocking external noise
* Superior sound with minimum distortion and reduced hearing fatigue, even at high volumes, through the development of three unique new technologies developed by Flare:
1. Anti-resonance Technology -- Contained within Grade 5 Titanium housing is a single 5.5mm dynamic driver with a Beryllium coated diaphragm for maximum rigidity. The unique driver clamping system and the use of Titanium in the construction of the housing ensures that all erroneous mechanical resonances have been eliminated allowing the driver to become the only source of acoustic energy within the Flares earphone. All the user hears is the music.
2. Dual Jet Technology -- Sound emerging from the front of the audio driver is delivered to the mouth of the earphone via an acoustic coupler (or jet) which has been designed to present a modified acoustic load to the driver. This technology is also applied to the rear earphone chamber to ensure that the driver is pressure balanced, front to rear, which facilitates symmetrical diaphragm movement, the key to Flares exceptional performance.
3. Acoustic Lens Technology -- Flares Pro earphones are supplied with a selection of tips: Audiophile, universal, and everyday. Of these, both the everyday (silicone) and audiophile (memory foam) tips employ acoustic lens technology which extends the exit profile of the acoustic jet through the foam tip and provides optimized coupling directly to the ear canal, even when the tips are compressed.
Packaged in a stunning black multi-layer cube, Flares Pro includes a wireless Bluetooth module and 3.5mm jack cable, three types of tips, including PRO audiophile tips made of high grade memory foam for even more superior sound (each supplied in three different sizes) and a sturdy Flares Pro Carry Case.
Cables have been stress tested over 100k times.