Moving Light Assistant Software Now Available at a Reduced Student Rate
Moving Light Assistant is an application designed to document both the physical setup and programming information for moving light rigs commonly used in the entertainment industry. It is used by lighting designers, associates, assistants, programmers, and production electricians, as well as students. The student license price was recently reduced to make this comprehensive software available to more upcoming lighting professionals.
"Moving Light Assistant is being used for many large scale repertory theatres for managing the moving light focuses of their productions," said Andrew Voller, creator and developer of Moving Light Assistant and freelance lighting designer. "Lowering the student license pricing is aimed at allowing students easy access to learn and use this software as its use becomes more prevalent on productions around the world."
Moving Light Assistant can be used from the pre-production phase for planning and designing the moving light rig to producing the final documentation of the programming. Moving Light Assistant V1.3 is the latest version of the application, with key features that include:
• Spreadsheet view shows configuration (lenses, lamps, menu options etc.) of moving light fixtures in the rig
• Design and edit moving light gobo, color, and effect wheel loads
• Integrated gobo and fixture library that's easily customized and updated
• Import console reports from leading lighting consoles
• View cue list, cue data, and channel data. Examine channel usage including maximum intensity, preset use, redundant moves, and more
• Track current cue and photographs in the cue list with the lighting console in real time using Midi Show Control or Open Sound Control (OSC)
• Design, print, or generate PDF paperwork reports
• Import and export rig data with Lightwright 6 software
• Take photographs directly into application with compatible DSLR camera connected via USB
The student license enables all features of the application for a period of three years from purchase. The application is now available in Europe for £20 or in the Americas, Asia, and the Middle East for $25. It runs on both Apple Mac OSX (Intel only) and Microsoft Windows operating systems and each student license can be installed and activated on up to two computers.
Moving Light Assistant has evolved into the go-to application for documenting the moving lights on 60+ Broadway, West End, and touring productions, with recent hits including: 42nd Street, City of Glass, and The Lorax in London; Anastasia, Miss Saigon, and War Paint in New York; Beautiful The Carole King Musical and My Fair Lady in Sydney, Australia; The Bodyguard in Stuttgart, Germany and on tour in China; and Ed Sheeran Divide World tour.
Moving Light Assistant is available exclusively through City Theatrical dealers worldwide.
Visit City Theatrical's Dealer locator to purchase a personal, institutional, or student license at the URL below.
For more information or to download the free Reader or Demo version of Moving Light Assistant, visit the URL below.